Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day!



Happy 4th of July to y'all! I'm betting that I'm the only one who stayed home to see the Washinton D.C. celebration on PBS, but in case any of you saw it, how 'bout that Sharon Lawrence, huh? Is there anything she can't do? And what's up with Barry Bostwick's hair?

Two days ago, G and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. It's been a great 5 years, sweetie. From the girl who thought she'd never get married.

If you'd asked me back then where I wanted to be in 5 years, I'd have said just about here. Two lovely children, a house, a job (more or less). But if you ask me where I want to be in the next 5 years, it's a harder question to answer. Um, a happy 7-year-old and 5-year-old? OK. I guess that's good. A weird thing about this time of life is that we've made (or given up) most of the goals we set in our 20's. So, now what?

On a completely different note, I've never lived in a neighborhood that has quite as many (illegal) fireworks as this one. Some of them are professional grade, sending huge multi-colored chrysthanemums into the sky. They still scare me a little bit, since I grew up in the valley, where fireworks were a real fire hazard and no one had them. A. was really excited about the fireworks, saying, "Oh, GOOD JOB!" after our neighbor boy lit some. "I love red and blue and yellow fireworks! So many colors up in the sky!" he yelled. That's exactly the reaction one should have to fireworks, I think.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com