Tuesday, November 01, 2005

B-day Quote of the Week

I'm awfully happy the tumor my mother thought she had turned out to have red hair, dimples and a killer smile.


Yeah, right back atcha, sis. 'Cept for the tumor, you know.

Backstory: My mother was 42 when she had me. She hadn't had a cycle in a long time and had been told by doctors that she had gone through early menopause. So you can imagine the surprise (especially my father's) when what they thought must be a uterine tumor turned out to have a heartbeat in one of the pre-op appointments. My father was stationed in Germany at the time and returning to the U.S. She said they weren't going to let her come back before having the tumor removed. I don't know how far along she was at the time, but one would imagine it was rather far along since they didn't do ultrasounds back then. So here I am...the tumor with the expensive education, as my father probably calls me when I'm not around.

In Other News:

Ladybug Boy loved trick-or-treating. I wasn't sure if he'd go for it because the trick-or-treaters scared the heck out of him last year. But once he figured it out, he was all for going up to strangers in unfamiliar houses and getting candy.

"Candy is sooo delicious!" he informed me.

He did a great job, for a kind-of-shy kid. I had to remind him to wait until the door opened to say "Trick or treat!" but he did it nice and loud, said "thank you" appropriately and "Happy Halloween!" when prompted. He was so cute that people gave him extra candy so thanks, everyone - he is cute but you don't have to live with him on a sugar high. And then he got extra candy on top of that when people saw Ben all done up in his Pooh Bear sleeper. Ben's not gonna appreciate that Laffy Taffy, people, so you don't have to give Mr. Ladybug extra stuff for him. Considering that we stayed on our street, his bucket was pretty damn full.

And he was not happy when he found out that you don't get to trick-or-treat whenever you need more candy. He thought it would be a good idea to go again tonight, and it's hard to explain a yearly holiday to a 3-year-old.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com