Friday, September 03, 2010

Are Memes Cheating?

Sorry, this is lame, but I have a 5K to run tomorrow, a funeral to attend, and birthday celebration for A. to navigate. So I'm doing a meme from Facebook for tonight's post:

The rules:
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.  CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH!  YOU'LL MAKE YOURSELF NUTS IF YOU THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT IT! Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what albums my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks, and tag people in the note - upper righthand side in no particular order). This is very hard so just grab 15 off the top of your head.


This is so totally going to date me. (Also, since I've compiled the list, I keep thinking of albums to add. I can't believe I forgot the Beatles and the Stones. But I'm not sure which I'd take off....)

The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn*
U2 - Joshua Tree
Foreigner -4
Bee Gees - Saturday Night Fever
Indigo Girls - Rites of Passage
They Must Be Giants - Flood
Cars - Shake it Up
Go-Go's - Beauty and the Beat
Matraca Berg - Lying to the Moon
Emmylou Harris -  Duets
Simon and Garfunkle - Concert in Central Park
Billy Joel - 52nd Street
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - May the Circle Be Unbroken
David Bowie - Heroes
Tori Amos - Under The Pink


*Bite me - it's the first one I thought of. I loved it when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Gary said...

If I were being honest, I'd have to put the Jackson 5's Greatest Hits on my list, for the same reason you put the Irish Rovers. And thanks for reminding me of Matraca Berg; I'd forgotten what a great album that is. And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who appreciates 52nd Street; on vinyl, the second side of that is really amazing, from "Stiletto" to "Rosalinda's Eyes" to "Half a Mile Away" to my favorite Billy Joel song, "Until the Night". Perhaps the best 4 song stretch ever.

Tina said...

Not cheating! :) I think these are fun to read too. I am so bad at remembering songs and albums. Totally couldn't think of more than a couple!

 
template by suckmylolly.com