Saturday, December 22, 2007

This morning we headed out to the airport. On the shuttle from the parking garage, Ben ran a constant monologue for the rest of the passengers.

"Is this is a real bus? I like this bus. Oh, look at all these cars. And I see some airplanes. We're going on an airplane. We're going to drive the airplane. We're going to fly. I like this bus. This is a very nice bus."

Next to us was a couple with two boys about 6 and 8 years old. They sat slumped in their seats and didn't say a word.

"Someday, ours will be that quiet," I said to the mother.

"Yeah, it takes a while," she offered, watching the motormouth on my lap. I could tell she was thinking, "And, in your case, it may never happen."

Anyway, for the first time, we checked both car seats and didn't bring a stroller. I couldn't believe it. All four of us WALKED onto the plane by ourselves (before stepping onto the plane, Ben demanded to know who was going to drive this thing, but fortunately felt safe enough with my vague, "the pilot knows how to drive this plane" and didn't demand to meet him/her personally) and we all sat in our four respective seats. A. actually fell asleep with G., and Ben watched Little Einsteins on my iPod after several minutes of narrating everything happening outside his window. Loudly. I actually read a magazine. Even with a motormouth, it was soooo much easier.

And we're here in Portland. I have to figure out the wonders of Windows Vista so I can explain my MIL's new computer to her. And I'm going to bed. G'night.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe you got a moment to yourself flying with kids. Son Wii (now 13!) still chatters nonstop during flights, even four hour flights. Maybe that's why we're staying home this Christmas!

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas to you and your cute men!

 
template by suckmylolly.com