Monday, July 05, 2004

Happy 5th of July!

I had no idea the 5th of July was such a big holiday. Those of us who are self-employed sometimes miss out on the rest of the world's holidays because we don't think to take them off. Most of my clients, though, work in the Real World and so were doing fun things today instead of working. One client wasn't, so I drove in to my office to see him. The highway I drive on has some of the worst traffic in California, and it was like Christmas morning it was so deserted. It was kind of weird, really. So I hope you're enjoying your 5th of July, wherever you are.

Many happenings here at Chez Lunasea, not all of which I can talk about yet. Friday was G's and my 4th anniversary, and he was pleased to be informed that he is on my short list of running mate choices for the next term. I'm still waiting to see if John Edwards will be available. We celebrated with our small red-headed one at a new, very chic and cool restaurant near home. It was great because our town is more known for gang activity and dumped homicide victims than for chic and cool restaurants. It was also great because no one wanted to sit on the patio (our town is also right in a fog belt) so we were alone out there and the short one could run around the garden blowing his nose at the flowers (he thinks he's sniffing them but is a little unclear on the concept). I had the best rib-eye I've ever had, with blue-cheese butter. And really amazing scalloped-type potatoes. G. had quail, which I've never understood but which he assures me were quite tasty. A lovely time was had by all.


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com