Friday, September 09, 2005

Bodily Fluids Day

Today was one of those days where I didn't leave the house. It's a good thing, too, because I would have missed the celebration of Bodily Fluids Day in our house. Ben marked the occassion with numerous harfs, which made it pretty much like any other day.

But A. really outdid himself.

The Good: His diaper was very full this morning, so I left it off for a little while to let his skin dry out. About 10 minutes later, I turned around and he was sitting on the potty chair! And sure enough, pee was happening! In the bowl! It had also happened on the floor in front of the potty chair and on the seat itself, which meant quite a clean-up, but still! He actually understands the idea of feeling it come and getting to the potty at that time! Synapses have been crossed - new connections made!

The Bad: And then about an hour later, diarrhea. All over his clothes, all over my pillowcase, which he was leaning on during the blowout, and there was me with only two wipes. Yuck. He's three years old, so I've had my share of gross diapers, but this one was a lifetime best, I think.

This is exactly the kind of post that Mommy-Blogger-Haters complain about. I'm tempted to go paypal some money to Blog Explosion so that I can bring a whole bunch of unsuspecting bloggers to this post. I'd like to see them change that diaper. Wimps! You can't handle the truth!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com