Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Shameless Plug

So I've done three recent digital scrapbook layouts that I'm really happy with. They haven't garnered many comments on the site where I post them, which is why I'm looking to you people to stroke my ego. They're just so much better than what I could do previously, even if they're not publish-worthy.

Remember the theme "What's on Your Refrigerator?" That was my theme for my circle journal, so everyone else in the circle has to do a layout on that subject. And I'm doing layouts for everybody else's themes as well. These three are, respectively, "Color My World," "Words of Inspiration," and "Art Attack." I really like the rainbow one. I didn't want to take pictures of flowers because that seemed too obvious, so I challenged myself to find the rainbow in objects I use everyday. The "RAINBOW" letters are cut out of a photo of Ben's exersaucer liner.

"Words of Inspiration" is supposed to be in shades of red, but hopefully the owner of that journal will forgive me. I tried putting a red overlay on it, but it just didn't work. I love this one. I love the photo of Einstein. And that's me with the wax figure of Einstein at Mme. Tussaud's in London. It was one of the few times I had the courage to ask a stranger to take a picture of me.

The "Art Attack" one was hard for me. The journal originator had a color swatch she wanted us to use, and I wanted to do something that wasn't totally linear and graphic. It still is, kind of, but whatever. I'm not a designer. I just like to play around.





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com