Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Belated Oscar Thoughts

I noticed a lot of ears this year. I suppose they've always been there, but they seemed bigger this year. First it was Michael Arndt's Spock ears (sorry, I'm sure you're a really nice guy but you've got Dr. Spock ears)...then Will Smith presented soon after and I had never noticed how big his ears are. It was amazing. I think I've just always seen side shots before.

And the lovely Anne Hathaway: The See's Candy Lady Dresses Up. (I couldn't find a pic of an actual See's lady, so the famous See's Barbie will have to do).


















I actually know one of the nominees. Back in the late 80's, I shared an apartment with a graduate student in mechanical engineering. We shared the Loma Prieta earthquake, an Erasure concert, and lots of movies. She bought me blue-stemmed wine glasses to replace the ones I had from my mom that fell out of the cabinet and shattered in the earthquake. She wrote short stories at the time, and let me read some of them. Now she's been nominated for best original screenplay. How cool is that? Every time the camera went to someone in the audience, I peered at all the people behind him/her to see if I could see her. I think I did, but I could be wrong. Anyway, congratulations, Iris. You deserve every moment. And the gift bag.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

If only Anne Hathaway were a mom, I would so steal this for Mamarazzi.

 
template by suckmylolly.com