Monday, February 07, 2005

Big Day in the Lunasea Household

Because we're bad parents, we completely missed A.'s first use of the potty.

I rented "Once Upon a Potty" from the library and we've been watching it (and I've had that stupid "Yes, I'm going to the potty, potty" song stuck in my head for a couple of days now and it's making me crazier than I already am) while he sits on the potty chair after his bath. We don't make a big deal out of it, and we don't do it every night, I just wanted to help him get the idea. So far, he's shown very little understanding of what the potty's actually for, but he enjoys sitting on it sometimes.

So we did our little potty-sitting ritual on Friday night. The video ended, we put diapers and jammies on.

Saturday morning, we'd been up for about 2 hours when A. pointed into the potty chair and said, "Pee!"

I said, "Not yet, sweetie, but someday you'll pee in there."

"Pee!" he insisted.

G. went over and said, "Oh my God. There IS pee in there." A. was still in his sleeper and hasn't mastered getting undressed yet, so we knew it didn't happen that morning.

There's a possibility he managed to pour his morning orange juice in there, but it's unlikely. So we did the whole parade to the bathroom with applause and praise. We felt kind of bad that he'd apparently used the potty the night before and neither of us noticed it. And that there was pee sitting in the potty chair, in our TV room, for probably over 12 hours. Don't let this dissuade you from visiting, though. We're way better at checking the potty now.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com