Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Blegh

Sigh. I had such high hopes for today. We had nothing planned, except maybe a trip to Costco. I was quite motivated to use the day to get organized, to catch up on scrapbook pages, etc. I did get the fishbowl cleaned, and A. is clean and doesn't seem too hungry, so I guess that's a success. I was just bone tired. Tired down in the marrow. I'm writing this by dragging one forefinger across the keyboard while I rest my forehead on the monitor. And anxious, too, with the hyperventilating and such, for no reason. This is about the time I'm supposed to ovulate, so I blame a drop in estrogen. Can't wait for menopause. To hell with the warnings - I'll take a risk of cancer with hormone replacement over the almost certainty of slitting my throat any day.

And A. was tired too. He went down for a nap a full hour and a half early, which meant he got up earlier than usual, which didn't bode well for the rest of the day. For future reference, A., here are some things to avoid next time your Mama can barely put one foot in front of the other:

1. Don't act like it's the death scene in Romeo and Juliet when I have to part Thomas and Percy (train cars who stick together with magnets) for ONE MILLISECOND to get your arms out of the car seat straps.

2. Don't pile books on my face when I'm lying on the sofa.

3. Ditto for cars and trucks.

4. Don't throw your jammies in the trash. I know you're trying to help, but they don't go there and I don't always see them in there before I throw coffee grounds away.

5. Don't scream that you need raisins in the grocery store when you have eaten nothing but raisins all day long.

6. On a similiar vein, don't eat raisins all day long without pooping. You have no idea how that scares me.

I expect that we are on the same page now. For my part, I will let you eat pretty much anything you want on these days. Cheese, raisins, yogurt, it's all good, right? Papa'll give you some vegetables tomorrow. And any time you want a "Big Huuug" like they say on Teletubbies, I'm your gal.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com