Wednesday, October 25, 2006

This is what I woke up to this morning:




All the stuffed animals were sitting in a circle. Apparently A. was concerned because my friends wouldn't be around to sing "Happy Birthday" to me like his were at his party, so he substituted his stuffed animals.

"Mama, Grover's your friend, and so is the Snowman."

They sang "Happy Birthday" (yes, it's not till Friday, but the festivities started today) and put on party hats. The stuffed animals were singing on the inside. Ben, in true Ben fashion, yelled the last word of each line. It was pretty freakin' cute. Another thing blogs are good for: because G. read my last entry, they gave me the Pumpkin Ale today.

Then we had A.'s first field trip. His WHOLE CLASS went to the pumpkin patch. They had a hay ride, picked out their pumpkins and ran through the hay maze. The hay pyramid is no longer a challenge, and he and his girlfriend played "Ring Around the Rosie" over and over on the top of it, knocking down as many kids as possible with them each time. He has truly found his soul mate.

We are also seriously pumpkin-patched out. Although the real one, the one that's like an amusement park in Half Moon Bay, home of the Pumpkin Festival and the World's Biggest Pumpkin, still hasn't been visited, so we're going to have to bite the bullet for more photo opportunities.

While A. was on the hay ride (there was no more room for Ben and I to be squished beyond breathing on a very bumpy road, so sad) Ben and I toured the Island of Misfit Pumpkins.























By the way, and this is going to sound terribly comment-whoreish, but I just really appreciate those of you who take the time to comment. One of my psychology professors told us that silence is usually interpreted as disapproval rather than approval. Which means I need to remember what I wasted a ton of money on learned and not project all over the blogosphere.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason number 3245796472 why I can't blog -- because I would *totally assume that no comments = disapproval. That said, I followed you (in a non-stalkerish way) from the knot long long ago, and have read everyday since :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (one day early)!

The Misfit Pumpkin would make a fabulous witch, with the stem as the nose.

Beastarzmom said...

Ouch - following your logic, I think you're the only one who approves of my blog in any way...

So sad.

And just when I was about to have a little more time to post! Closing weekend - this one!!! BIG sigh.

Anonymous said...

Happy almost-birthday!

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You are blessed with a wonderful family. And great friends like Grover and the Snowman.

Enjoy your Pumpkin Ale. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I find myself checking the site meter way too often to see if people are at least reading my blog. I'm not sure when/why I became obsessive about it but it is hard not to feel unloved when no one comments.

I also followed you from the Knot and promise to comment more on your blog. :)

Lunasea said...

Thank you all! So Anonymous, you're not going to tell me who you are? Any hints?

Hey Carrie! How's Jubjub?

I'm such a hypocrite because I often read and don't comment on blogs. Gotta get better at that, too.

 
template by suckmylolly.com