Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Letter to the Bean

Well, it's a pretty good day
I'm lookin' forward to tomorrow

Dear Bean,

Today we saw your heartbeat. I was prepared for the news that you had left us, since I thought my hormones had dropped off too fast and I suddenly had no pregnancy symptoms. But, no - you've been growing right on schedule and your little heart is going gangbusters inside of me.

You look more like a blob than your big brother did. I don't mean to compare you two, or to suggest that there's anything wrong with looking like a blob. After all, I think he was older when we first saw him. He was facing the ultrasound full-on in all his gummy-bear wonder - arms and legs splayed out. You're more laid-back: "Hey, here I am. No worries. Geez, CHILL, Mom."

I hope you know that I do want you. You are as much my child as A. is. I just haven't really met you yet. Something you'll learn about me is that I'm pretty much against change, as a rule. But, I do adapt eventually. A. will show you the ropes - but don't take his advice on sleeping. It took him WAY too long to sleep through the night. I'm confident that you'll beat him in that area. Again, not to compare you two. But, if you want your mother's undying gratitude, you'll sleep through the night earlier than he did, and you are allowed to remind him of your prowess in that area whenever it suits your needs.

So it looks like you'll be making your debut around mid-March. I promise that it will be easier for you to come into the world - your brother banged into my cervix so hard and for so long that he had a big ol' ridge on his head, and he ended up coming out the side door anyway. The labor was so long he was kind of distressed when he finally made it out, and I promise not to put you through that.

So, we look forward to welcoming you to our family. We're glad you're here.



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com