Thursday, May 06, 2004

Adios, Amigos!

I think it's been 5 or more years since I watched Friends regularly. Survivor trumps Friends in this house. Last night, watching the Katie and Matt special, G was saying he never liked Friends much. Turns out he's never seen an episode the whole way through and never thought what he did see was funny. But during the scenes they played of Phoebe's songs, he was laughing, and I said, "See?"

I think the appeal was that at any one time, you could always identify with someone. For me, it was usually Chandler or Ross. I've never been anal like Monica and I'm not as materialistic as Rachel. How they got 6 characters that were likable is a mystery - usually in an ensemble cast there's one that bugs me. But no one was the underdog, no one was the "popular" one, they were all so different yet equal. So, I'll be watching tonight and I'll be a little bummed to see it end. G's prediction (odd that he never watches yet has made a prediction) is that Ross will join Rachel in Paris. The set designer's said last night that it ends with a gorgeous view out of a hotel room seems to suggest that G is right. But where's Emma? (And how many times have I said that this season? Parenthood is one thing they didn't get right).

Speaking of goodbyes, America, ARE YOU DEAF? You sent home George??? I admit it, I sent him home too by not voting. I loved George. He always looked like he was afraid someone was going to hit him, but I thought he was cool. And this week was my favorite theme so far. Every week should be Big Band Week. Diana continues to grow on me, although if she yells "C'mon y'all! Put your hands up!" one more time I'm reaching through the TV and smacking her. Fantasia and Latoya are always good. The thing about Fantasia is that she almost makes it look too easy - sort of like Ruben did. I get the impression that someone hands her a mic right before she walks on and says, "Here. Sing this song on that stage." and she just does it without thinking. Latoya's like, "I have a good voice. Listen to me hit all the keys." And I don't know what Jasmine's doing there. I guess she lost her flower up there on stage and is still looking for it.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com