Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Meet the latest victim of the California Budget Crisis....

Me. Was informed that my position at the local state university counseling center was probably not going to exist next year and we should all operate under the assumption that I'm not coming back in the fall. It is abstruse to me how a 7-hour position could break the university, but whatever. Obviously, the budget crisis has militated against many support services in education. I think I'm just too urbane for them, and my "urbane-ness" only increases as my embonpoint reduces. I'm disappointed but it's probably for the best - the pay there was really not commensurate with my experience. (Wordsmart from Bryn, story courtesy of California State University Budget Reductions).


In much better news, Drama Queen's husband is finally coming home to her and their daughters tomorrow. Yeah!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com