Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 1

I'm all for extending Daylight Savings Time, but I don't think anyone realized the ramifications it would have for trick-or-treating. 5:30 - 6:00 or so is a great time to take the little guys out, but it was still super light out and people looked like deer caught in the headlights when we rang their bell.
Here are the boys helping with the pumpkins. This lasted about 10 minutes, then they watched a movie while I scooped and carved all three pumpkins.

Regular readers (i.e. maybe my family) will recognize the mummy heads from last year. A. designed the pumpkin with the eyebrows, and Ben requested a "happy face" pumpkin.

I have more pics to upload but Blogger is being difficult, so we'll have to wait.

In between clients yesterday, I raced to A's school to see the costume parade, and got there just in time for class pictures and goodbye. It was just the kindergarten parading, because the 1-3rd grades do their parade in the afternoon. And it's not a Halloween costume parade, either, for the older kids....the teacher handed us a list of significant historical figures (like "Mumtaz Mahal, for whom the Taj Mahal was built,") and told us that each elementary student chose one of these figures and dressed up as that person, along with preparing an oral report on that person's significance. Wow, way to take the fun out of Halloween. "Maybe we should transfer him to Catholic School next year," I suggested to G.

It was a very multicultural list, befitting a very multicultural school, but it would be just like A. to choose "Sachin Tendulkar, Cricketeer" because it's a fun name to say - and that's not a costume they carry at Target.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The daylight savings change threw me, too. I've got it so ingrained in my head tht 6:00 is the Halloween Witching Hour. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Carrie said...

I actually Googled Sachin Tendulkar to find out who he was. I'm impressed with A's choice of characters.

Lunasea said...

I did too. He's a cutie, huh? Who knew?

Gary said...

Given the assortment of bumps and bruises our boys normally have, I should dress them up as professional rugby players next year. But since I don't know any professional rugby players, maybe A's teacher could send me a list.

When I saw your new avatar, I thought, "Boy that's a new look for her."

 
template by suckmylolly.com