Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful for.....

1. Ready-made cookie dough
2. Movies on DVD
3. The internet
4. Coffee
5. Children that eventually stop screaming and start sleeping.

Yesterday, I was congratulating myself on having an entire family greet Thanksgiving healthy and not barfing, then G. called me at work to tell me that he'd had to pick up A. at school because his brain hurt and he had a fever. Sure enough. Dude is sick. He's better today, fortunately, but we did one of the things he's had on his "List of Things to Do" forever - we drove to the top of a mountain. Once at the top, he looked out at the view and said sadly, "I miss home." We turned around, stopped at Whole Foods for our complete Thanksgiving meal to go, and came home. So he's not 100% yet.

We don't have our oven because now both of the ovens they've delivered have had huge scratches on the doors. So I'm preheating our poor old oven right now (2:30pm), and hopefully it will be hot enough around tomorrow morning.

1 comments:

Marianne said...

We had a veggie Whole Foods dinner for the third year in a row. Hope A is feeling better soon!

 
template by suckmylolly.com