Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 13

So you're in a grocery store. You head down an aisle, walking between a lady and the shelves of bread she is examining. Do you say "excuse me" as you pass between her and the shelves she's looking at?

Of course you do. But no one under 25 does - when did this die? It's one of my little pet peeves. I used to spend a lot of time in bookstores (pre-child) and it always bugged me when even the store employees couldn't say "excuse me." Dude, you're still walking right between me and the books I'm looking at. Would it kill you to acknowledge it?

I thought of it today because a girl, maybe 11 or 12, was grocery shopping with her grandma (I think) and we passed each other several times in the store. You know how sometimes you're just on the same grocery trajectory as someone else? Anyway, each time she had to walk in front of me while I was looking at the shelves, she said, "Excuse me." Blew me away. I liked her. I liked her and her grandma a lot. I almost started stalking them in a polite kind of way.

And that may very well be the weakest blog post I've ever written.

To reward your loyalty, here are some photographs I took of my beautiful boys with my super-cool new camera. My coolness quotient is raised at least 20% just by carrying it around.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Mr. Lemony just peered over my shoulder and said. "Lunasea has cute kids".

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos! (And cute kids)

Anonymous said...

I see you are enjoying the new camera. You have really beautiful children. Those eyes make a person want to grab that darling in a big hug.

KMOM

Boobless Brigade Master said...

That wasn't a weak post.
It was an awesome post.
I, too, say excuse me and have taught Daisy to as well.
People don't realize when common decency and the basics of life are lost, the more important stuff will follow soon.
I love the girl, the grandma and YOU! LOL.

 
template by suckmylolly.com