Monday, November 05, 2007

Day 5

Ah geez, I have to post tonight and I'm brain dead. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch.

Oh, but I did make this awesome butternut squash soup the other day that I had for dinner tonight. I have a talent, I must say, with the butternut squash. I put in two apples, shallots, a little bit of butter, milk and garlic and it was awesome. I also made a potato leek that wasn't too great. It was OK, but kind of bland. Probably needed some garlic.

Can we agree that next year we all wait until after Halloween to put up the Christmas decorations? Remember a long long long time ago when the Christmas season didn't start until after Thanksgiving? I realize that's too long to ask retailers to wait, but I think August is pushing it. I'm pretty sure Macy's was completely decorated for Christmas by October 1. That's just wrong.

OK. There's my opinion for the day. Oh dear. Day 5 and I've run out of things to talk about.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Turkey sandwich, you say? How interesting.

I'm with you on Christmas needing to respect some boundaries. Now if we could just get my boys to buy into the concept, because even though I love Barenaked Ladies, I'm getting a little sick of "Barenaked For the Holidays" being in the rotation all year long.

Carrie said...

This is why I made a list of possible topics on Oct. 31. It didn't help much yesterday when I was staring at the keyboard with absolutely nothing interesting to say.

I've only recently ventured into butternut squash soup territory. It's not something I grew up eating and I'm fairly certain my husband would balk if I make it. But it's it on the menu when we're out to eat, I make it a point to order it.

And I agree that Christmas should not begin until at least Nov. 1. Two months of holiday cheer is about all I can take. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com