Saturday, November 24, 2007

We babysat for our neighbor's two darling kids last night, and I do believe I'm past my desires for a third baby. Their little guy is 6 months old, and I didn't really remember having a 6 month old. Apparently I did, twice, but boy howdy does it seem like a long time ago. Carrying him around brought back hazy memories of doing everything with one hand and praying for the baby to stay asleep.

I like the arrangement we have now - I say goodnight to the boys at 8pm, say it again at 9pm and then don't see them until the next morning.

In a totally unrelated matter, we had guests over for dinner tonight. The grocery stores don't think anyone shops in the days after Thanksgiving, so they were short-staffed and a new baker at Safeway apparently ruined every loaf of french bread. The loaves were stacked up behind the cash register, looking pretty good. But the bakery lady said, "I could sell it to you, but you'd hate me. It's pretty much inedible."

And that's all I got today. Not much, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get this far with posting every day in November and then miss one.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com